Transitions

I thought I might be way overdue for an update for those who are interested in keeping up with our journey! We have been in our new house and new city for over a month now and we love it! We've pretty much felt like we are on vacation. We have all been home together with no real routine. It's been nice but we are looking forward to figuring out what "normal" looks like.

We are in the process of starting all of our transitions into real life. Brad has his first day of school today. It will be very different for him to not go to the same place he has been the last ten years. He is only teaching one class and gets to be a student for all the rest. He fits into both roles very well so I'm sure he will do great. Figuring out the balance of school and family life will be the hard part!

The big kids are getting ready for school this week. Micah will be in second grade and Caleb is starting Kindergarten! On one hand, it seems strange to be sending my little Caleb off to school but on the other it seems totally natural since he and Micah are such a package deal. I love that the school is literally right out of our back door. We couldn't have asked for a better location for them. They are both excited about starting school!

After a summer of searching, I finally found a job! I have to admit I was getting pretty discouraged as the summer was winding down and I was still looking. We were facing the possibility that school would start and I'd still be on the hunt. God always comes through on his promises though. After applying at various places, including four staffing agencies, I finally got a hit! It was almost too easy. Most of the temp agencies I went to sounded promising but would either not return my calls or blow me off. Finally, the third one I went to sounded promising. Within days she had a possible job for me. It was a job that I was less than thrilled about but I tried to stay optimistic. Then a fourth agency called me. I had not even met them in person yet but she already had something to offer. I was much more excited about this opportunity. I went in and met with her and it was just that easy. I'll be starting work next week. I was supposed to start today but they moved it back to next Monday. I have to say that I'm totally thankful. I was very sad that I was going to be missing the first day of school for the big boys and now I don't have to.

We seem to have childcare for Mason figured out. With Brad's schedule, we will only need part time childcare which I'm so thankful for! He is even able to be home before and after school this semester so we don't need any care for our big kids! We were actually able to take on a child who will be in the second grade with Micah for before and after care a few days a week. This is going to help us with the cost of our own childcare!

It's funny to think back to a year ago when this was all just the beginning of a plan. It's scary to walk in faith first but so exciting to see God come through every step of the way!

I will try to write more updates. I feel like there is so much more I could say but I don't want to make this too long!  For now I leave you with a verse. It's very common and I've heard it more times than I can count but now this is one of the scriptures that has come alive for me!

 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11

Comments