Diet is not a word you often hear during the summer. Usually people are all ready to change their lives at the beginning of the year. Lately, I've been considering it. People have been laughing at me when I tell them I'm at that place where I need to get myself in better shape or just get it over with and get really fat. Really though, it's true!
When I was young I never had to worry about my weight. I'm pretty sure I had terrible eating habits but it didn't matter. Sometime after I got married is when that changed. Once kids were thrown into the mix I guess I just got used to the new normal. I don't see myself as being in a terrible place now but I do know that I would like it to be a little bit better! I've never been big on diets. I don't go crazy for the latest dieting trends and fads. I find nutrition to be something of a headache actually. I want to be healthy and teach my kids healthy ways but every time I think I'm doing alright I read or hear of a different source that makes me question it. Have you ever stopped to think about how many different ways there are to be "healthy"? Some people sign up for Weight Watchers or drink shakes instead of eating meals. Others go the all natural and organic route. Some people argue that low fat and low calories is always best and others would say that's actually not healthy. It really just depends on who's guidelines and rules you want to follow. Everyone has an opinion on it and if they are skinny people they usually insist they know the answer for healthy eating. If you are not a skinny person (like me) you have no problem saying "I don't know." I'm not saying I know nothing about healthy eating but I do think there are so many different diets and lifestyles that it's hard to say which one is absolutely "right".
I was almost ready to throw in the towel. Why bother to get healthy if no matter what I do something ends up being wrong? I know that I'm not going to be a make-it-from-scratch mom or always buy organic meat. Then I decided that all of my efforts to eat healthier were still good. I realized that almost any diet can work if you actually do it. The times when I have counted calories or made sure to get my cardio in each day I did see results. Last summer when I was pregnant we used a meal planning service. We were cooking very healthy, fresh meals each night with good portions and we could feel the difference. Every effort is good so I'm trying not to get hung up on the total "right" and "wrong" of it.
So now I'm going to jump in again with some changes. I'm joining the "Trim Healthy Mama" bandwagon. I've only heard about it from a friend. She loved it. I'm still a little skeptical. I like the basics of it but think it will have to be something I start slowly. There "magic formula" of weight loss is a matter of not mixing your fats with your carbs. They also say no sugar which seems to be most diets. They promote the use of Stevia but I haven't quite figured out how I feel about that yet. Either way I have nothing to lose but some weight! There is always room for improvement in life. No matter how many diets you start and fail or how many "lifestyle changes" you start, it's never a bad time to improve yourself. I'm looking forward to experimenting with this new plan and seeing if I can shed some of this excess weight that I really don't need! I'll keep you all posted! If anyone else has read this book and used their plans let me know!
When I was young I never had to worry about my weight. I'm pretty sure I had terrible eating habits but it didn't matter. Sometime after I got married is when that changed. Once kids were thrown into the mix I guess I just got used to the new normal. I don't see myself as being in a terrible place now but I do know that I would like it to be a little bit better! I've never been big on diets. I don't go crazy for the latest dieting trends and fads. I find nutrition to be something of a headache actually. I want to be healthy and teach my kids healthy ways but every time I think I'm doing alright I read or hear of a different source that makes me question it. Have you ever stopped to think about how many different ways there are to be "healthy"? Some people sign up for Weight Watchers or drink shakes instead of eating meals. Others go the all natural and organic route. Some people argue that low fat and low calories is always best and others would say that's actually not healthy. It really just depends on who's guidelines and rules you want to follow. Everyone has an opinion on it and if they are skinny people they usually insist they know the answer for healthy eating. If you are not a skinny person (like me) you have no problem saying "I don't know." I'm not saying I know nothing about healthy eating but I do think there are so many different diets and lifestyles that it's hard to say which one is absolutely "right".
I was almost ready to throw in the towel. Why bother to get healthy if no matter what I do something ends up being wrong? I know that I'm not going to be a make-it-from-scratch mom or always buy organic meat. Then I decided that all of my efforts to eat healthier were still good. I realized that almost any diet can work if you actually do it. The times when I have counted calories or made sure to get my cardio in each day I did see results. Last summer when I was pregnant we used a meal planning service. We were cooking very healthy, fresh meals each night with good portions and we could feel the difference. Every effort is good so I'm trying not to get hung up on the total "right" and "wrong" of it.
So now I'm going to jump in again with some changes. I'm joining the "Trim Healthy Mama" bandwagon. I've only heard about it from a friend. She loved it. I'm still a little skeptical. I like the basics of it but think it will have to be something I start slowly. There "magic formula" of weight loss is a matter of not mixing your fats with your carbs. They also say no sugar which seems to be most diets. They promote the use of Stevia but I haven't quite figured out how I feel about that yet. Either way I have nothing to lose but some weight! There is always room for improvement in life. No matter how many diets you start and fail or how many "lifestyle changes" you start, it's never a bad time to improve yourself. I'm looking forward to experimenting with this new plan and seeing if I can shed some of this excess weight that I really don't need! I'll keep you all posted! If anyone else has read this book and used their plans let me know!
Comments
Post a Comment