Today is the first day of school for many. For us, our preschooler doesn't return until next week but my husband had his first day back today. It has been a great summer and he has me totally spoiled. He got up with the kids and took care of the morning routine almost every day. It's not like I was sleeping in every day but just being able to get up and take care of myself was a big treat! He did work part time this summer but was home almost every afternoon. That meant I had lots of flexibility in running errands with no kids! We did some projects like painting and organizing and had lots of fun family outings to the park, bowling and ice cream! So today, I have lots of mixed feelings about the first day back!
I'm feeling excited to get back into more of a routine. I had no problems getting up and doing the morning routine with the kids this morning and they have been playing together so well today. I'm excited to have my afternoon's to myself again while the kids are napping! I'm most excited to see what this year has to offer. I think it's going to be a great one!
Even with all the excitement of going back to school I can't help but feel sad. I guess I'm mourning the loss of summer. Like I said, we had a great summer. I'm going to miss having the time and flexibility to do all the fun stuff and all of the family time we had. Although I'm sure exciting things lie ahead this fall, I'm really sad to be busy again. Brad only taught one class this summer and he put a lot of time and effort into it, but he still had so much attention to give his family. Now starts the craziness of the school year and more of his time and energy will be going towards his department and his students. It's what makes him a GREAT teacher and I love him for it. It just also makes me sad as we transition to a packed schedule! I know that we will still have great family time during the school year but I will certainly miss the flexibility!
I'm also feeling a little apprehensive about the start of preschool again. Mostly because Micah will be attending 3 mornings a week this year (which I know he'll love) and with my other commitments we will only have 1 day of the week with no plans! As a stay at home mom, this is a BIG transition for me. I'm not really known for being a morning person and I really enjoy not having to get up, get ready and go out every day! When Micah was a baby, we didn't go out that much. I often feel like we are just dragging Caleb along to keep up with what we have going on! I do feel thankful that Micah is not starting Kindergarten this year! I don't think I'm quite ready for that! I'm also thankful for the one on one time I'll get to spend with Caleb! As the second child, he really doesn't get that too often!
I hope I'm not sounding too whiny! I'm really not trying to complain, just put my feelings into words. This is Brad's eighth year of teaching so it's not like this is new. For some reason the transition seems a little harder this year. I meant what I said though, I think this year is going to bring a lot of positive things and I'm EXCITED to see what God has for us! Praying for all of you who are sending kids back to school, sending a spouse back to school or even yourself back to school as a student or teacher! May this be a blessed year for everyone!
I'm feeling excited to get back into more of a routine. I had no problems getting up and doing the morning routine with the kids this morning and they have been playing together so well today. I'm excited to have my afternoon's to myself again while the kids are napping! I'm most excited to see what this year has to offer. I think it's going to be a great one!
Even with all the excitement of going back to school I can't help but feel sad. I guess I'm mourning the loss of summer. Like I said, we had a great summer. I'm going to miss having the time and flexibility to do all the fun stuff and all of the family time we had. Although I'm sure exciting things lie ahead this fall, I'm really sad to be busy again. Brad only taught one class this summer and he put a lot of time and effort into it, but he still had so much attention to give his family. Now starts the craziness of the school year and more of his time and energy will be going towards his department and his students. It's what makes him a GREAT teacher and I love him for it. It just also makes me sad as we transition to a packed schedule! I know that we will still have great family time during the school year but I will certainly miss the flexibility!
I'm also feeling a little apprehensive about the start of preschool again. Mostly because Micah will be attending 3 mornings a week this year (which I know he'll love) and with my other commitments we will only have 1 day of the week with no plans! As a stay at home mom, this is a BIG transition for me. I'm not really known for being a morning person and I really enjoy not having to get up, get ready and go out every day! When Micah was a baby, we didn't go out that much. I often feel like we are just dragging Caleb along to keep up with what we have going on! I do feel thankful that Micah is not starting Kindergarten this year! I don't think I'm quite ready for that! I'm also thankful for the one on one time I'll get to spend with Caleb! As the second child, he really doesn't get that too often!
I hope I'm not sounding too whiny! I'm really not trying to complain, just put my feelings into words. This is Brad's eighth year of teaching so it's not like this is new. For some reason the transition seems a little harder this year. I meant what I said though, I think this year is going to bring a lot of positive things and I'm EXCITED to see what God has for us! Praying for all of you who are sending kids back to school, sending a spouse back to school or even yourself back to school as a student or teacher! May this be a blessed year for everyone!
Comments
Post a Comment