The 2 month update

Mason is now two months old!  It's gone by so fast and he is getting so big!  I mean...really big.  He now weighs in at 14lbs, 6oz and measures 24 inches long!  I have never had a baby grow quite like this but I guess he did start out bigger than his brothers.  He had his check up yesterday and is doing great!  He has an umbilical hernia but no problems with it and he had to get shots and barely cried.  I think I was more upset than he was.  I'm thankful to have such a healthy baby!

I feel like things are finally starting to calm down.  This is what I've been waiting for!  Mason doesn't cry as much and is now interested in looking around so I feel like I can put him down sometimes!  He is smiling and cooing more and more.  His night time sleep is still about the same.  He usually wakes up twice but I'm hoping soon we'll get down to once.  He has gone a few times only waking up once in the night and I usually have no trouble putting him right back in his bassinet.  During the day is a different story.  I am getting some longer naps from him but most of the time they are naps in his car seat!  I feel like I am constantly buckling this kid in so we can go some where so he ends up falling asleep and I leave him until nap time is over.  I'm glad he's getting the rest but I feel bad that we are always on the go.  Unfortunately, it is becoming harder to get him to sleep when we are not on the go.  He won't just lay down in his crib.  I love that advice "put your baby down drowsy but awake" but it so doesn't work for him.  Even if I have him calm and drowsy the moment I put him down in his crib he is wide eyed and upset!  If I get him to sleep first he usually only lasts 20-30 minutes in his bed.  I guess we'll work on it! 

The big boys I think are starting to feel better too.  Caleb isn't getting quite as upset all the time but is still having quite a few potty accidents.  I'm pretty sure this is because of the changes since before Mason he very rarely had an accident and because he is going just enough in his pants but not soaking them through.  It's very frustrating but I'm hoping he'll get better.  Last weekend I was able to spend more time with the boys.  A friend came over and watched Mason for a couple of hours while I took the big boys out for a special play date.  Then on Sunday I took just Micah out for some one on one time.  We went to lunch, played at Busey Woods and then out for ice cream!  He really seemed to enjoy it and it was so nice to have that quality time with him. 

I'm going to try to keep Christmas simple this year so that we can all enjoy it and not add any more stress to our lives! Brad has decided not to teach a class at Parkland next semester and we are very excited about having him home more.  I haven't really thought about the financial aspect of it yet but we are trusting that God will make it work.  I guess it's just the season where we feel like we are tired of sacrificing time for money so we are going to sacrifice money for time as a family.  We are looking forward to the new year and excited for what's to come as we continue to adjust as a family of 5!

Comments