So today I have reached week 39 of my pregnancy. It really is just a matter of time now. It could be days or even a week or two. The big question that I get every where I go is "Are you ready?" and sometimes I don't know how to answer. I would say as far as the "stuff" goes...maybe. The room is slightly arranged and a little more organized than it was. We have some diapers and wipes, onesies and sleepers, etc. Could we survive if baby was born today? Probably. Our hospital bag is mostly packed except for things that you can't really pack until it's time to go. This time around I just don't have a huge need for all the readiness I guess. We still don't even have a name picked out.
Am I ready physically? Well, yes and no. At this point I know the end is near and I'm trying to be patient and just wait it out. This pregnancy has not been all great but I wouldn't say it's all bad either. I've had plenty of ups and downs and typical uncomfortable pregnancy symptoms and feelings but I am trying to stay relaxed and just see what happens. I don't really have a perfect day in mind and so I keep making plans and know that some of those plans will probably get interrupted. I have certain days/times when I feel a little more anxious and a little more irritable but it all comes and goes.
Mentally I feel like I'm already checked out! It is definitely harder to keep up with my responsibilities these days. I have no desire to cook or plan meals so I'm just trying to give myself some grace. We go out a lot more than usual and I've gone back to buying a lot more convenience and processed meals. I try to keep the house clean by doing at least one productive chore each day and so far that has worked out well. I haven't felt behind in that area. I'm not doing a whole lot of organizing or anything but at least I'm keeping the place clean and I've even been able to keep up with laundry! I consider this victory!
That's about how ready I am. I hope that when baby comes all the little things will fall into place just like I imagine they will. The countdown is on and sometime this month we will have a baby!
Am I ready physically? Well, yes and no. At this point I know the end is near and I'm trying to be patient and just wait it out. This pregnancy has not been all great but I wouldn't say it's all bad either. I've had plenty of ups and downs and typical uncomfortable pregnancy symptoms and feelings but I am trying to stay relaxed and just see what happens. I don't really have a perfect day in mind and so I keep making plans and know that some of those plans will probably get interrupted. I have certain days/times when I feel a little more anxious and a little more irritable but it all comes and goes.
Mentally I feel like I'm already checked out! It is definitely harder to keep up with my responsibilities these days. I have no desire to cook or plan meals so I'm just trying to give myself some grace. We go out a lot more than usual and I've gone back to buying a lot more convenience and processed meals. I try to keep the house clean by doing at least one productive chore each day and so far that has worked out well. I haven't felt behind in that area. I'm not doing a whole lot of organizing or anything but at least I'm keeping the place clean and I've even been able to keep up with laundry! I consider this victory!
That's about how ready I am. I hope that when baby comes all the little things will fall into place just like I imagine they will. The countdown is on and sometime this month we will have a baby!
Comments
Post a Comment