In just a matter of weeks....

Only 2 weeks until school starts up.  That means my husband will be busy and gone much of the time, my first born will be spending his days somewhere other than home and my 3 year old will be looking to me to entertain him on the mornings he is not in preschool!  Only 2 weeks to get all of the school supplies needed and get into some sort of routine that keeps everyone sane.  Only 2 weeks to get Caleb used to the fact that naps will be cut short because we have to pick Micah up by 3:00.  Only 2 weeks to squeeze in any last minute items to my honey-do list! 

Also in just a matter of weeks there is a baby coming.  In only 6 weeks (give or take) he will make his appearance.  His room is a mess.  The clothes are not washed.  He has no official name.  He will come whether or not these things are done!  I had my 34 week check up today and as usual I'm a pretty boring patient (a good thing when it comes to pregnancy!).   So far I'm doing well and baby is doing well.  He is head down.  I am starting to feel human again after taking iron supplements.  I know that most women in their third trimester are tired but the way I felt before was something way beyond tired.  I am happy to be feeling like I can function at life again.  My biggest craving right now is for ice.  Just plain, cold, crushed ice.  I just really enjoy eating it.  It's actually been hard to get because all we have are ice cube trays and nothing to crush them with!

I still get comments from strangers about how I must be carrying a big baby.  One man even said he would probably be 7 or 8 pounds.  This got me thinking.  When did 7 or 8 pounds become a big baby?  Isn't that pretty typical?  Micah was 8 lbs and although I didn't view him as small, I certainly wasn't thinking about how huge he was!  Caleb was 7 lbs and again, I didn't view this as abnormal.  Maybe when they get to the 9 or 10 lb range I might say I have a big baby but 7 or 8?  Also, who determines what a normal size is?  Who is the one judging my 7 and 8 lbs babies as "big"?  Why are people so obsessed with the size of my baby????  I often feel at this point I should come with a disclaimer.  It might say "No, I'm not due tomorrow.  No, I am not pregnant with twins.  No, this isn't a big baby.  I assure you he is of normal size."  I guess since this is my third these things don't really phase me as much but it is interested the things people will say!

Lots of changes coming our way in just a matter of weeks.  I'm always asked if I'm ready.  I don't really know.  In many ways I'm pretty laid back about it all.  Other times, I freak out a little and think I need to have a bunch of stuff done.  For the most part it will all have to work itself out!

Comments