I Love School!!

So this week my little Caleb started preschool!  He was very excited to go especially since his big brother got to start school last week.  I knew we would not really have any issues with drop off or pick up!  He only goes a couple of mornings a week but it seems like it's going to work out well.  The first day he knew right where to go to hang up his "pack pack" so the only adjustment was reminding him that we don't just get into all of the toys right away.  On the first day he told me I could just drop him off but the joy of him being my only child right now means it's not a problem to walk into the classroom with him!  Of course, I was trying to get some pictures to document the occasion too.  When I first took his picture outside he told me "only one picture!"  Here are a few that we took.

Both times this week he has happily gone to his class like he is a pro at this routine!  When I pick him up, I am greeted with him jumping into my arms and saying "I'm so happy to see you!"  It's very nice!  The activity seems to be good for him and he loves being there.  When he comes home he eats a quiet lunch which is so nice because he is a very slow eater most of the time and doesn't do well with distractions!  He then likes to sit down with his Tag pen and books and read.  The past 2 days he has asked to go take a nap around 12:30 so I guess the new schedule is wearing him out a little!  We are still getting the hang of the morning routine but I think he is getting there!  It still seems so strange to take him to school.  He still seems so little to me and although Micah was 3 when he started he just seemed so much older at the time!  Maybe when Caleb is no longer my "baby" he will seem older to me!

Micah is in his second week of Kindergarten and also doing well.  He thrives on the whole morning routine and gets ready very easily in the morning.  We are now to the point where I just drop him off in the mornings and don't even get out of the car.  He seems happy to go every day but I can tell he is still adjusting.  Last week on the first day he came home very tired.  The next couple of days after that he seemed alright and more interested in playing when he got home.  This week he has also done well.  He comes home and plays or wants to read books together (he was excited to show me his library book from school) but by 7 or 7:30 every night he is definitely ready for bed.  He starts talking about how tired he is.  We have been out a lot in the evenings this week so that doesn't help.  I think he is appreciating down time at home more often now!

I love how quiet the house is every day even when it's just me and Caleb.  I love that Caleb is getting better at playing and entertaining himself independently.  I look forward to picking Micah up from school every day and hearing about the things that happened even though I have to ask a hundred questions to find out!  So I do love school so far and it makes it better that my kids love school too!  I hope that our routines will help us adjust easily when Thing 3 arrives! 

Comments