The past couple of months have been rough on our family. Being pregnant has been hard with all the tiredness and nausea. We all had a round of the flu a few weeks ago. Now just as it seemed I was starting to feel better, more sickness has infiltrated our home. Brad had strep throat this week and he was totally down. He slept for a couple of days and could barely sit up. Then Micah contracted what I can only assume is this norovirus going around. The poor kid had a tummy ache yesterday and stuff coming out every end. Caleb has been acting normal but has had a bit of a runny nose and his eyes look so tired every day. I'm not really sure what to make of it. I am back to being tired. Not sure if my body is just working to fight off any illness or if it's just pregnancy related. I feel like it's just hard not to complain anymore. I feel like our family is never going to get back to normal and I'm so anxious for winter to be over. I'm not really a fan of cold weather. Snow can be pretty but really I can take it or leave it.
That being said. I am so glad spring is near and I'm feeling the itch to be spontaneous. I want to get out and do something. I want to take my family and get away for a weekend to have some fun, relax and connect with each other! I often feel like it's hard to be spontaneous though when it's cold outside and also when you live on a budget. I'm a little obsessed with budgets. I love being able to make things work and feeling the freedom when you know what you're spending. Sometimes though, I feel a little tight. I want to just pick up and do something but feel like I can't. Especially now. I have my 3rd child on the way, our furnace is on the fritz and we are going to need a new vehicle by September. I really don't feel like I have room for fun in the budget. I have that guilt about spending money that could and probably should go to something more practical. So I'm wondering...does anyone else struggle with this? What do you do when you feel like you need to get away and unwind? I am very interested in your ideas! I know I'm not the only one who feels like it's been a rough winter. We have spring breaks coming up and all of them are different! Brad's breaks for his jobs do not match up again this year and Micah has a week off of school coming up too! Share your ideas!
That being said. I am so glad spring is near and I'm feeling the itch to be spontaneous. I want to get out and do something. I want to take my family and get away for a weekend to have some fun, relax and connect with each other! I often feel like it's hard to be spontaneous though when it's cold outside and also when you live on a budget. I'm a little obsessed with budgets. I love being able to make things work and feeling the freedom when you know what you're spending. Sometimes though, I feel a little tight. I want to just pick up and do something but feel like I can't. Especially now. I have my 3rd child on the way, our furnace is on the fritz and we are going to need a new vehicle by September. I really don't feel like I have room for fun in the budget. I have that guilt about spending money that could and probably should go to something more practical. So I'm wondering...does anyone else struggle with this? What do you do when you feel like you need to get away and unwind? I am very interested in your ideas! I know I'm not the only one who feels like it's been a rough winter. We have spring breaks coming up and all of them are different! Brad's breaks for his jobs do not match up again this year and Micah has a week off of school coming up too! Share your ideas!
Comments
Post a Comment