I am now 12 weeks into this pregnancy and I can say that I am finally starting to feel normal again. At least a little! Food is no longer my enemy and more and more things are sounding and tasting good. I'm getting back into the kitchen and trying to think of things to cook for my family. I'm keeping it simple for now still but I really want to get back to healthier and more regular meals! My energy level is still pretty low. My mind seems to think it can do more than my body. I still prefer to just sit on the couch every chance I get but I am trying to get more done around the house. I am hoping to get back to the cleaning schedule I had before so that my house doesn't look like such a disaster!
I have no specific aversions to anything. Sometimes food sounds good and sometimes it doesn't. For most of the time it has been easy to consume carbs like bread and pasta. Vegetables have not sounded good until lately. I am now enjoying salads once again! I was not into mushrooms for a while but they are now delicious to me again but red onion and fresh garlic seems to be too much for me to handle! I do really enjoy oranges, orange juice and lemonade. I never consumed much of those before I was pregnant but they taste oh so wonderful now!
I lost 7lbs originally but I think it's all creeping back on now! I checked my weight this morning and I put back 3lbs. I guess that's ok! It's getting a little bit harder to keep my belly in but then again it wasn't exactly flat before I got pregnant! I can't remember when I started showing before. I know with Caleb it felt really early so I keep wondering when I'll have to switch to maternity pants. My jeans are actually a little big on my and they are also uncomfortable. If I could I would probably stay in my pajama pants all the time! I usually wear them when I'm at home along with my big Illini hoodie and only put on real clothes when I have to go somewhere!
I was feeling very depressed and emotional for several weeks and I finally feel better. I haven't cried in about a week and my mood is definitely happier! So glad to be cruising into the second trimester!
I have no specific aversions to anything. Sometimes food sounds good and sometimes it doesn't. For most of the time it has been easy to consume carbs like bread and pasta. Vegetables have not sounded good until lately. I am now enjoying salads once again! I was not into mushrooms for a while but they are now delicious to me again but red onion and fresh garlic seems to be too much for me to handle! I do really enjoy oranges, orange juice and lemonade. I never consumed much of those before I was pregnant but they taste oh so wonderful now!
I lost 7lbs originally but I think it's all creeping back on now! I checked my weight this morning and I put back 3lbs. I guess that's ok! It's getting a little bit harder to keep my belly in but then again it wasn't exactly flat before I got pregnant! I can't remember when I started showing before. I know with Caleb it felt really early so I keep wondering when I'll have to switch to maternity pants. My jeans are actually a little big on my and they are also uncomfortable. If I could I would probably stay in my pajama pants all the time! I usually wear them when I'm at home along with my big Illini hoodie and only put on real clothes when I have to go somewhere!
I was feeling very depressed and emotional for several weeks and I finally feel better. I haven't cried in about a week and my mood is definitely happier! So glad to be cruising into the second trimester!
Comments
Post a Comment