Post Prom Thoughts and 10 week check up

When I was in high school I was not a popular girl.  I didn't get much attention from the opposite sex.  When it came to for prom I decided that if no one asked me I wouldn't bother going....and that's exactly what happened.  Nobody asked me so why waste my time and money?  I don't really regret it.  I don't really think of it much but sometimes I do think it would have been nice to go. 

Fast forward.....now I'm married with children and my high school life is behind me.  Last spring I stepped up my role in a ministry I've been part of since Micah was born...Mom2Mom.  I became part of a PR/Events team that quickly dreamed up this grown up prom idea!  We weren't sure how people would react but the idea was well received (by the women anyway!).  After lots of brainstorming and planning it finally all came together!  We had an awesome team of decorators to make it beautiful and many people spent hours working on it!  We opened it up to the whole church and community and had about 100 people show up to dance the night away and enjoy some fabulous dessert!  I think overall everyone had a great time and we've already starting dreaming up next year! 

With it being my first prom I would like to say that it was very special....but I think pregnancy has got the best of me!  I find it humorous that I was "pregnant at prom" but at least for this prom it's not really a scandal!  I wanted my husband to ask me to prom since I never got to go and no one asked me in high school.  Apparently...he had it all planned out.  He was going to take a morning off work and show up with flowers to my Mom2Mom meeting and pop the questions....however since he waited too long we all happened to be sick last week and I didn't even go to Mom2Mom.  :(  Talk about major disappointment.  Also, since I was just recovering from being sick and since I'm pregnant and never feel well and since we worked on decorations for a good portion of the day....I was beat!  I felt kind of rushed in the getting ready part of it.  Despite all of these things working against me, I really did have a great time with my friends.  I don't think I sad down the whole night (which I paid for later) and I had a great time dancing!  We even had a photographer to do official prom photos!
I should also add that we had a kid-free weekend which was very nice!  I can't wait for next year's prom!

I also had my first doctor's appointment today!  It feels like it's taken forever to get here!  I'm 10 weeks and had to do all of the businesses stuff of the first appointment and go over lots of medical history and questions.  So far I've lost 7 lbs and I'm feeling all of those great first trimester feelings so I guess that means something is going right!  I have 2 weeks to complete my initial glucose test (yuck!) and of course I will probably put it off!  They couldn't hear the baby's heart beat using their Doppler which isn't really uncommon in early pregnancy but always a little nerve racking.  Instead I got to have a sonogram done so they could see it and that was fun!  It was a relief to see my little blob in their with a heart pounding!
It's pretty small....but she's in there (or he)!  I'm really hoping that over the next few weeks I can feel better physically and emotionally.  I really don't have much joy or excitement right now and I think it's probably just because I feel so bad physically.  No cravings yet.  Nothing sounds good to eat but sometimes if I just make myself eat food does taste good.  Sometimes it doesn't!  Here's to getting through the first trimester!


Comments