My last post was on our adventures of potty training Caleb. I have to say that even now a week after we started I am pleased with how it's went. I may even go so far as to say that Caleb is officially potty trained! We have had very few accidents over all. He tells me when he needs to go. We have been out places and he has had no accidents. I was using diapers for nap and night time but during his naps he has been staying dry and using the potty when before and after. Yesterday he did not want to wear the diaper at nap time so I let him and he did great! I'm going to continue a little longer for night time just to make sure he can stay dry. for a few days he has been staying dry and night and tells us first thing in the morning when he needs to go. One night he even woke up in the middle of the night to go potty even though he had a diaper on!
It's been easy enough at home. We use a potty seat on our toilet instead of a potty chair but when we've been out he has used the big potty even though he was a little afraid and needed some coaxing. So far the process has been relatively painless. It's gone better than I expected. I thought potty training Micah was easy enough. We started him in the same way and around the same age maybe just a couple of months younger. He got the hang of it but regressed a little so we quit for a month and tried again and he was good. We did use pull ups at night for him until he was about 3 and also relied on them a lot more for outings. At that time, Caleb was just an infant so I didn't have quite as much energy to put into it! It has been nice this time around to not have a younger one to worry about!
Now I can't wait until he gains the independence to just go by himself! Having to assist him every time is a lot of work but well worth it! I hope that others who are potty training or will potty train can also have a good experience. Don't stress. If they aren't getting it or it seems frustrating don't feel bad to do what is easy or take a step back until you can tackle it again!
It's been easy enough at home. We use a potty seat on our toilet instead of a potty chair but when we've been out he has used the big potty even though he was a little afraid and needed some coaxing. So far the process has been relatively painless. It's gone better than I expected. I thought potty training Micah was easy enough. We started him in the same way and around the same age maybe just a couple of months younger. He got the hang of it but regressed a little so we quit for a month and tried again and he was good. We did use pull ups at night for him until he was about 3 and also relied on them a lot more for outings. At that time, Caleb was just an infant so I didn't have quite as much energy to put into it! It has been nice this time around to not have a younger one to worry about!
Now I can't wait until he gains the independence to just go by himself! Having to assist him every time is a lot of work but well worth it! I hope that others who are potty training or will potty train can also have a good experience. Don't stress. If they aren't getting it or it seems frustrating don't feel bad to do what is easy or take a step back until you can tackle it again!
Comments
Post a Comment