Happy New Year! We celebrated in a pretty uneventful way. I really wasn't feeling it this year and there wasn't much going on.
I did decided that we would start off our new year by potty training our 2 1/2 year old! I'm not the mom who starts trying to potty train early I always wait until I think they are old enough to handle it. I feel like if I start when they are too young then I'm just making more work for myself and isn't the point of potty training to get a little more freedom?! Now seemed like a good time to jump into it. Brad is home on break and we don't have places we have to go right now so we can work together! Here's the breakdown of how it went.
Day 1
I was hoping to go for the "no pants" method like I did with Micah but Caleb just wasn't having it. In fact, he insisted that he be fully dressed! So I just figured we would go through a lot of laundry that day! He was a little resistant to using the potty but excited to wear the underwear! He protested every time we had to try but we finally got him to pee for the first time ever on the potty!
Accidents: 6 or 7
Successes: 1
Lots of "false alarms"!
Day 2
This day was different. I watched a couple of my friend's children. Her son is also 2 and potty training so we were doing double duty! I set the timer to remind them to go. Caleb was still not sure about it though. His buddy Daniel went every time the timer went off and I think having both of them go was helpful. It was a very successful day in my book though!
Accidents: 1
Successes: 5
Day 3 (In progress)
Today has been good so far. He still very much resists sitting on the potty but once he goes he feels better. I think he is still a little scared of it all. I can actually tell when he has to go because he is the most resistant. Today was a milestone though because he pooped on the potty for the first time! So far no accidents and 3 successful trips! We have still been using diapers for naps and bedtimes but I was happy today that he went right before nap. I'm not sure how our first trip out of the house will go. Public potties are a whole other milestone! Maybe we'll just stay close to home for a while!
I did decided that we would start off our new year by potty training our 2 1/2 year old! I'm not the mom who starts trying to potty train early I always wait until I think they are old enough to handle it. I feel like if I start when they are too young then I'm just making more work for myself and isn't the point of potty training to get a little more freedom?! Now seemed like a good time to jump into it. Brad is home on break and we don't have places we have to go right now so we can work together! Here's the breakdown of how it went.
Day 1
I was hoping to go for the "no pants" method like I did with Micah but Caleb just wasn't having it. In fact, he insisted that he be fully dressed! So I just figured we would go through a lot of laundry that day! He was a little resistant to using the potty but excited to wear the underwear! He protested every time we had to try but we finally got him to pee for the first time ever on the potty!
Accidents: 6 or 7
Successes: 1
Lots of "false alarms"!
Day 2
This day was different. I watched a couple of my friend's children. Her son is also 2 and potty training so we were doing double duty! I set the timer to remind them to go. Caleb was still not sure about it though. His buddy Daniel went every time the timer went off and I think having both of them go was helpful. It was a very successful day in my book though!
Accidents: 1
Successes: 5
Day 3 (In progress)
Today has been good so far. He still very much resists sitting on the potty but once he goes he feels better. I think he is still a little scared of it all. I can actually tell when he has to go because he is the most resistant. Today was a milestone though because he pooped on the potty for the first time! So far no accidents and 3 successful trips! We have still been using diapers for naps and bedtimes but I was happy today that he went right before nap. I'm not sure how our first trip out of the house will go. Public potties are a whole other milestone! Maybe we'll just stay close to home for a while!
Comments
Post a Comment