It has been quite a while since I've posted anything here. Every time I would think about something to write I wondered if it was "good enough" to be a blog post. Then I would never have time to do it and I would think about something else to write and start the cycle over again! I guess that's the joy of not really having a theme to go with! But here I go, back to blogging!
I love home improvement projects. We have lived in our house for 7 years and have done lots of painting and remodeling projects during that time and most of them were done before our kids were born! I have been looking at this wall of paneling for 7 years wondering what to do with it. Several months ago I started thinking about painting a little more seriously. I picked up lots of little samples and debated doing the entire living room. Shortly after we moved into our house we painted the living room "boat blue". I have always loved this color but I wasn't sure if we should do something completely different.
I have always viewed our house as temporary. I never knew how long we would be here but I always assumed this was just our first home and eventually we would get something "bigger and better." I have really had to check this attitude because I don't want to miss out being grateful for what I have already been given. Instead of just wishing our house away I could continue to pour a little more love into it and enjoy this home for what it is.
And so this time around it starts with a wall. A dark wall of paneling that has been bringing the room down for quite a while. It was time to refresh the living room. Silly me, I forgot to take a before picture! So here I've tried to add a couple of pictures with the wall in the background. The wall connects the dining room to the living room. So you see the first picture is a shot from the dining room.
And this one is from the living room...
We even bought new light fixtures for the fire place...
And there you have it. A new look for the living/dining room. This color will also be what we use when we paint our hallway which I hope to get done in the next week. It feels great to have this finished though!
I love home improvement projects. We have lived in our house for 7 years and have done lots of painting and remodeling projects during that time and most of them were done before our kids were born! I have been looking at this wall of paneling for 7 years wondering what to do with it. Several months ago I started thinking about painting a little more seriously. I picked up lots of little samples and debated doing the entire living room. Shortly after we moved into our house we painted the living room "boat blue". I have always loved this color but I wasn't sure if we should do something completely different.
I have always viewed our house as temporary. I never knew how long we would be here but I always assumed this was just our first home and eventually we would get something "bigger and better." I have really had to check this attitude because I don't want to miss out being grateful for what I have already been given. Instead of just wishing our house away I could continue to pour a little more love into it and enjoy this home for what it is.
And so this time around it starts with a wall. A dark wall of paneling that has been bringing the room down for quite a while. It was time to refresh the living room. Silly me, I forgot to take a before picture! So here I've tried to add a couple of pictures with the wall in the background. The wall connects the dining room to the living room. So you see the first picture is a shot from the dining room.
And now....
And there you have it. A new look for the living/dining room. This color will also be what we use when we paint our hallway which I hope to get done in the next week. It feels great to have this finished though!




Totally brightens up that room! Nice job!!
ReplyDeleteLooks good!
ReplyDelete