Sometimes my children say or do things that make me laugh. Like any proud parent, I think these things are hilarious or am sometimes just amazed by what comes out of their mouths. I thought I might take the opportunity today to share a few of those things.
It starts when they are babies and they begin using actual words. Most of the time those words don't come out right at first. When Micah was little he had many of his own words like "foos" (shoes), "nof" (snow or nose) and "beesee" (Frisbee). Caleb's language skills have been more advanced from the start so he doesn't have as many of his own words to offer but he does have a few. He says "mana" (banana) and "boon" (balloon). Sometimes he tries to say "off or on?" but it sounds more like "os or os?"
Caleb is also into repeating things so one day he repeated me saying "oh my gosh" and now has that in one of his regular phrases! He is getting pretty good with 3 word sentences. One day he looked out the window and said "I like snow". It's not much...but I was amazed! Another time Brad got out the stroller to take him for a walk. He could hardly contain his excitement and stood by it giggling saying "wow" and "That's so cool!"
One of the first memorable and laughable things I remember Micah saying was once when we were about to eat dinner I asked "should we pray?" His response was "no, let's eat first"!
Once I showed him a picture and said "this was when Caleb was in mommy's tummy. Do you remember that? " Micah: "Yeah, that's when you ate him right?"
Another where did I come from talk Micah asked "Where did you get us?" Me: " God made you and you grew in my belly." Micah: (Laughing hysterically) "Mommy! I wasn't in your belly! That's so silly!"
And just yesterday after attending a very girlish birthday party I asked "Micah, would you like to have a little sister?" Micah: "No." Me: What about a brother? Micah: Yeah. That would be good. Me: But you don't want another girl around? Micah: No mommy. You're the only girl!
There you have it. You may not enjoy these little things as much as I do but if you're a parent I know your kids say and do things that make you think they are the best or funniest kid in the world! Take some time to write some of those things down!
It starts when they are babies and they begin using actual words. Most of the time those words don't come out right at first. When Micah was little he had many of his own words like "foos" (shoes), "nof" (snow or nose) and "beesee" (Frisbee). Caleb's language skills have been more advanced from the start so he doesn't have as many of his own words to offer but he does have a few. He says "mana" (banana) and "boon" (balloon). Sometimes he tries to say "off or on?" but it sounds more like "os or os?"
Caleb is also into repeating things so one day he repeated me saying "oh my gosh" and now has that in one of his regular phrases! He is getting pretty good with 3 word sentences. One day he looked out the window and said "I like snow". It's not much...but I was amazed! Another time Brad got out the stroller to take him for a walk. He could hardly contain his excitement and stood by it giggling saying "wow" and "That's so cool!"
One of the first memorable and laughable things I remember Micah saying was once when we were about to eat dinner I asked "should we pray?" His response was "no, let's eat first"!
Once I showed him a picture and said "this was when Caleb was in mommy's tummy. Do you remember that? " Micah: "Yeah, that's when you ate him right?"
Another where did I come from talk Micah asked "Where did you get us?" Me: " God made you and you grew in my belly." Micah: (Laughing hysterically) "Mommy! I wasn't in your belly! That's so silly!"
And just yesterday after attending a very girlish birthday party I asked "Micah, would you like to have a little sister?" Micah: "No." Me: What about a brother? Micah: Yeah. That would be good. Me: But you don't want another girl around? Micah: No mommy. You're the only girl!
There you have it. You may not enjoy these little things as much as I do but if you're a parent I know your kids say and do things that make you think they are the best or funniest kid in the world! Take some time to write some of those things down!


Comments
Post a Comment