I decided that I wanted to do a recap of 2011 but when I sat down to think about it, I couldn't come up with much. It turns out 2011 was a pretty uneventful year for us personally. We didn't have any major challenges to overcome or any over the top good news. It was kind of just neutral. In some ways I think that's good. Obviously, I don't want to look back at the year and think about how horrible it was or how hard it was. Really though there isn't much to report and I think "how did we manage that?" I feel like so much of life is getting ready or waiting for something else to happen. It always seems like we are working towards the next step, whatever it may be. Is it possible that we just had a whole year that wasn't all about getting over something or past something or moving onto the next phase? I really don't know what to do with myself!
Here are some of the highlights of 2011. Brad started networking with the president of Eastern Illinois University. Over the summer our family got to visit the campus and have lunch with the president which I think is kind of fun to share! He is such a down to earth guy and it was like visiting an old friend! It's always fun to visit campus anyway but also a little sad since they tore my house down. :(
We also took our first family vacation this summer. We went to St. Joseph, Michigan and rented a small condo. It was perfect because it was so close so we didn't spend hours in the car. St. Joseph is right on Lake Michigan so we were able to have a nice beach vacation without traveling to the ocean! It was a beautiful place and such a relaxing trip. Micah was so excited to play at the beach and we all had such a great time.
Brad started his 7th year of teaching at Rantoul Township High School. He has been blessed to have a job he enjoys. Micah started his first year of preschool! He goes two mornings a week and loves it! We had no issues transitioning. He is very social and loves to interact with other kids. He has made lots of new friends and loves his teacher. Having a child in preschool has really made me feel like a mom. It's kind of a switch between having baby that just goes where I go to having a little boy who has his own things to do! I'm starting to feel so grown up!
So we did have some fun this year and hit some milestones but nothing that I consider to be major life changes. Now as I look ahead to 2012 I'm not sure what to expect. I don't have any big resolutions or predictions. I don't feel ready to make them so I'll have to get back to you on that!
Praying you all have a wonderful year ahead! Happy New Year!
Here are some of the highlights of 2011. Brad started networking with the president of Eastern Illinois University. Over the summer our family got to visit the campus and have lunch with the president which I think is kind of fun to share! He is such a down to earth guy and it was like visiting an old friend! It's always fun to visit campus anyway but also a little sad since they tore my house down. :(
We also took our first family vacation this summer. We went to St. Joseph, Michigan and rented a small condo. It was perfect because it was so close so we didn't spend hours in the car. St. Joseph is right on Lake Michigan so we were able to have a nice beach vacation without traveling to the ocean! It was a beautiful place and such a relaxing trip. Micah was so excited to play at the beach and we all had such a great time.
Brad started his 7th year of teaching at Rantoul Township High School. He has been blessed to have a job he enjoys. Micah started his first year of preschool! He goes two mornings a week and loves it! We had no issues transitioning. He is very social and loves to interact with other kids. He has made lots of new friends and loves his teacher. Having a child in preschool has really made me feel like a mom. It's kind of a switch between having baby that just goes where I go to having a little boy who has his own things to do! I'm starting to feel so grown up!
So we did have some fun this year and hit some milestones but nothing that I consider to be major life changes. Now as I look ahead to 2012 I'm not sure what to expect. I don't have any big resolutions or predictions. I don't feel ready to make them so I'll have to get back to you on that!
Praying you all have a wonderful year ahead! Happy New Year!
Comments
Post a Comment