So at the beginning of the month I wrote about my goals regarding health and weight loss. I know that statistically most people don't keep their New Year's resolutions for very long. I don't even really like to call mine "resolutions." Either way...I thought now that January is about over it might be a good idea to write an update on my progress.
I'm happy to say that I'm down 6 pounds since January 2nd! I feel pretty good about that number. I am noticing some other changes too. I am starting to feel muscles that I haven't felt in a long time! Particularly abdominal muscles! After having 2 kids that is very exciting! I also notice that I'm not hungry all the time anymore. I don't really know if I was hungry all the time before but I definitely found more reasons to eat! I would have a snack while they kids were napping and after they went to bed. Usually something really bad for me as a way to destress from the day! I am feeling much more satisfied with smaller, more appropriate portions on my plate. Food is not constantly dominating my thoughts.
It is still not as easy as I want it to be. I was hoping that by now it would just be a habit or part of my routine but it has been a lot of work to exercise, make healthier meals and keep track of what I'm eating. There are still many days that I just don't want to do it but I keep going.
So there it is...one month down and one goal reached (to lose 5 lbs). Taking each day as it comes!
I'm happy to say that I'm down 6 pounds since January 2nd! I feel pretty good about that number. I am noticing some other changes too. I am starting to feel muscles that I haven't felt in a long time! Particularly abdominal muscles! After having 2 kids that is very exciting! I also notice that I'm not hungry all the time anymore. I don't really know if I was hungry all the time before but I definitely found more reasons to eat! I would have a snack while they kids were napping and after they went to bed. Usually something really bad for me as a way to destress from the day! I am feeling much more satisfied with smaller, more appropriate portions on my plate. Food is not constantly dominating my thoughts.
It is still not as easy as I want it to be. I was hoping that by now it would just be a habit or part of my routine but it has been a lot of work to exercise, make healthier meals and keep track of what I'm eating. There are still many days that I just don't want to do it but I keep going.
So there it is...one month down and one goal reached (to lose 5 lbs). Taking each day as it comes!
Comments
Post a Comment