I was watching "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" with Micah the other day and listened to this song and the end. It made me reflect on Christmas past and present in my life.
"Where are you Christmas
Why can't I find you
Why have you gone away
Where is the laughter
You used to bring me
Why can't I hear music play
My world is changing
I'm rearranging
Does that mean Christmas changes too"
When I was a kid, Christmas was my favorite holiday. Everything wasn't always perfect but there was something very magical about Christmas. My parents went all out buying gifts and playing Santa and they really did it up right! My sister and I would wake in the wee hours of the morning and head out to the living room to see what Santa left and eat candy from our stockings! Even as I got older and Santa stopped visiting our house, Christmas always represented some kind of hope in my life.
"Where are you Christmas
Do you remember
The one you used to know
I'm not the same one
See what the time's done
Is that why you have let me go"
After my mom died, Christmas totally changed. We couldn't do the same traditions we had always done as a family. I could no longer be the kid. I became a parent and lost a parent all in a short period of time and those changes rocked my world in major ways! I felt like I would never have that magical Christmas experience like I did when I was a child.
"Christmas is here
Everywhere, oh
Christmas is here
If you care, oh
If there is love in your heart and your mind
You will feel like Christmas all the time
I feel you Christmas
I know I've found you
You never fade away
The joy of Christmas
Stays here inside us
Fills each and every heart with love"
I still struggle now almost 4 years later with Christmas but I know it's my job to create traditions and memories for my own kids. I don't have control of all of the circumstances around me but I do have control over what is in my heart. For me, Christmas represents the birth of Jesus and that isn't something that can be taken away. It means there will always be hope. No matter where you are or what you're doing this Christmas...feel the joy!
Luke 2:11
"The Savior--yes, the Messiah, the Lord--has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David!"
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR2WYVWI65M
"Where are you Christmas
Why can't I find you
Why have you gone away
Where is the laughter
You used to bring me
Why can't I hear music play
My world is changing
I'm rearranging
Does that mean Christmas changes too"
When I was a kid, Christmas was my favorite holiday. Everything wasn't always perfect but there was something very magical about Christmas. My parents went all out buying gifts and playing Santa and they really did it up right! My sister and I would wake in the wee hours of the morning and head out to the living room to see what Santa left and eat candy from our stockings! Even as I got older and Santa stopped visiting our house, Christmas always represented some kind of hope in my life.
"Where are you Christmas
Do you remember
The one you used to know
I'm not the same one
See what the time's done
Is that why you have let me go"
After my mom died, Christmas totally changed. We couldn't do the same traditions we had always done as a family. I could no longer be the kid. I became a parent and lost a parent all in a short period of time and those changes rocked my world in major ways! I felt like I would never have that magical Christmas experience like I did when I was a child.
"Christmas is here
Everywhere, oh
Christmas is here
If you care, oh
If there is love in your heart and your mind
You will feel like Christmas all the time
I feel you Christmas
I know I've found you
You never fade away
The joy of Christmas
Stays here inside us
Fills each and every heart with love"
I still struggle now almost 4 years later with Christmas but I know it's my job to create traditions and memories for my own kids. I don't have control of all of the circumstances around me but I do have control over what is in my heart. For me, Christmas represents the birth of Jesus and that isn't something that can be taken away. It means there will always be hope. No matter where you are or what you're doing this Christmas...feel the joy!
Luke 2:11
"The Savior--yes, the Messiah, the Lord--has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David!"
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR2WYVWI65M
Comments
Post a Comment