Tricks or Treats!

Halloween is not a big holiday to me.  I've never been all that excited about it and I don't really like dressing in costume very often.  I don't really have many Halloween memories from when I was a kid so I guess I haven't put that much into it since having my own kids.  This was a year of firsts for our family. 

It was the first time we had ever carved pumpkins together.
It was also the first time we have taken our kids trick or treating.  Somehow we've missed it every year until now.
For Micah's first Halloween he was only 10 months old.  I bought him a costume but didn't see the point in knocking on people's doors!


The next year I thought we could venture out for tricks or treats so we picked out a costume but my poor boy got an ear infection.  He didn't really feel like going out so we just put the costume on and his auntie brought him some treats.

And then last year in 2010 I had both of my boys to put in costume.  We had lots of family in town that weekend and ended up doing our own trick or treat with just family.  We didn't go knocking on doors!

So this year was lots of fun.  We went to a Champaign neighborhood where some of our small group members live and did trick or treating with them!  It was lots of fun.  Micah had a great time.

  And so did Caleb!  Although...he was really looking to see which houses had doggies and wasn't too concerned with candy!

Comments

Post a Comment