Separation

I recently wrote about transitioning my 2 year old out of his crib and into the toddler bed.  When we made that switch, we also moved him into the bedroom with his brother.  Just to update you, the very same day I wrote that I moved Caleb out of his brother's room and back to his own room (still in the toddler bed).  It's only been a week but I already feel so much better about this situation and so do my kids!  I got no arguments from either of them as we moved the race car bed out of Micah's room.  Bed time that evening went well.  It still took Caleb a while to fall asleep but it wasn't because he was talking.  I can't say that it's all been perfect but Caleb seemed to have a rough week anyway.  He ended up with a fever one day last week and didn't sleep well that whole day.  Over all, I think the switch has been the best thing for the family though.  Both boys are sleeping later than they were and naps are still going well for both kids.  Caleb is not talking for hours after going to bed and is not getting up or trying to play with toys either.  Even in the morning he doesn't get up out of his bed.  I'm sure in time we will.  I remember Micah used to lay there and wait for us to get him up too. 

Lots of people encouraged me to stick it out but I really had to go with my own mommy instincts on this one and I'm so glad I did.  It's not necessary for the boys to share a room right now.  If we ever have another child I know we'll have to re-visit this issue but I just didn't feel like I should have to force it now.  Maybe when Caleb gets a little older he'll be able to handle that a little better but for now they can each have their own space. 

There is peace in our house once again.  Now give me a few more weeks and maybe I'll be brave enough to tackle potty training!

Comments